Fairmont States’ Super Bowl Sunday 

As week three of the semester comes to an end, there is plenty of news in the sports world today. One of the biggest events of every year is approaching fast and it will be here next week. The NFL’s 55th Super Bowl will be on worldwide television on February 7th. There is plenty of excitement behind this Super Bowl matchup, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers go against the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV. 

This is one of the most highly anticipated Super Bowls ever! With the matchup between a highly decorated vet, Tom Brady, who’s going against a young superstar, Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes has become the face of the NFL in recent years. There’s a lot of star power in this Super bowl and I wanted to see how others felt about this upcoming Super Bowl.  

“My favorite team is the Chicago Bears, and they made the playoffs this year. I will be cheering for the Kansas City Chiefs though, I am excited to see Tom Brady lose and I want to see Patrick Mahomes achieve 66% of Troy Aikmans’ Super bowls…I would love a Super Bowl party, but I just want to have some wings and pizza.” said Javin Jones, a Fairmont State senior and football player. 

Fairmont State students who are on campus should have access to watch the Super Bowl as it airs on CBS. If not they have the option to watch it for free on their app. Many people will resort to watching the game at home due to Covid. Students will tune into the game for multiple reasons because this game is so big.  

“You know my favorite team is the Green Bay Packers, we have Aaron Rodgers so we made it to the playoffs. I am cheering for Pat Mahomes because I don’t like Tom Brady, he’s the goat but he’s old. I really want to see Tyler Johnson because he’s from the mid-west and I’ve seen him a couple of times before.” said Anthony King, a senior football player at Fairmont State. When asked about his plans for the game he simply stated, “Covid, you know how it is.”  

Super Bowl LV is set up to go down in history as a classic. There are two great teams who have a Hall of Fame quarterback on one side, and a guy on his way to the Hall of Fame on the other. It is safe to say that there will be plenty of people from Fairmont State tuning into the game.