Student Spotlight: Dana Goodman

This week’s Student Spotlight is Fairmont State Sophomore, Dana Goodman, from Man, West Virginia. Dana is currently double majoring in Biology and Chemistry with a Pre-Medical focus. In her free time, she spends time with her family, dog, and boyfriend, Wyatt. She enjoys being outside, hiking, or even just strolling through a park. Dana also loves a good nap! 

As a student, we all tend to have our favorite classes and professors. These classes and professors leave a mark on our educational journey. When it comes to Dana, her favorite class that she has taken so far is United States History with Dr. Wainstock. “It was nice to have a class that wasn’t STEM focused and I really enjoyed the way the class was set up. I learned a lot about our country and how it came to be,” she said as she was explaining why this class was one of her favorites. 

As a sophomore with junior credit hours, Dana has had a couple of accomplishments and achievements already! One that she is rather proud of is that she made the President’s List this past fall. The reason she is so proud is because she had a few hard classes including Calculus, Chemistry, Zoology, and Online Art Appreciation. Dana was also nominated for the National Society of Leadership and Success. These accomplishments and achievements are definitely some to be proud of.  

Out of all the colleges and universities to choose from in West Virginia, what made Dana choose to become a Fairmont State Falcon? Dana had mentioned that she originally planned to attend West Virginia University but did not want to deal with the traffic or parking. What sold her about FSU was how small the campus was. “I wanted to be able to run around the entire campus in less than 20 minutes,” she said. Part of me wishes I would have asked her if she has actually run around the entire campus, if it ended up being 20 minutes, and how often she is able to complete it. But I do not doubt that this is something she could do or has done! 

Even though Dana is still a sophomore and there is still some time between her and graduation, she already has a plan. She plans to attend medical school to become a Cardiologist, in hopes of bringing more health care professionals to Southern Appalachia. Dana says it feels “pretty sweet,” to be recognized as our Student Spotlight. “It’s a nice little thing to remind me that I’m doing my best! Plus, my mom and dad will be excited!” We want to thank Dana again for giving us the opportunity to get to know her better and letting us shine some light on her!