SGA opens 2020 spring semester

On January 16th, 2020, at 12:32 p.m. Fairmont State Student Government Association opened the organization’s first meeting.

SGA President Tyler Keller kicked off the meeting with brief remarks stating the meeting will be short due to the start of the semester. However, time was not wasted getting to business.

Vice President Dillion Bradley stepped down as SGA Vice President and SGA will be taking nominations for the Vice President and Faculty Senate soon.

Secretary Rachel Fitzwater informed the organization about the rules of absences, stating that, “If you intend to miss the meetings you need to email us to let us know ahead of time.”

Treasurer Becky Luketic told the assembly SGA has already received four fundraiser requests and that this may prove to be a busy semester.

President Keller mentioned that February 25 is Fairmont State Day at the Captial building in Charleston from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and that thirty tables will be set up for different student organizations willing to go.

SGA has seventy-two Maroon Madness T-shirts left over from the Maroon Madness Campaign and Treasurer Luketic made a motion for SGA to buy the remaining for $700 and SGA will distribute them at events such as orientations. SGA approved the motion and will buy the remaining shirts.

The meeting adjourned at 12:50 p.m.