Fairmont State University Staff Council Scholarships 

Ava Behr, Staff Reporter

Fairmont State University has been known to give out generous monetary opportunities to their students and staff members, alike. For the 2021-22 school year, Fairmont State will give out the Staff Council Scholarshipstwo scholarships to benefit employees at the University.  The scholarships consist of one for part-time employees and their families for a total of $1,000, with $500 a semester. The other scholarship will be for full-time employees and their families for $2,000, with $1,000 a semester. With a lot of help and support from many people, this specific scholarship has been continued on since 2003. 

The criteria for these scholarships include: 

• Any full-time and benefits-eligible staff member of Fairmont State University or their spouse or their child (child can be either a biological child, a stepchild, an adopted child, or a child of which the qualifying staff member is the legal guardian) 
  • Fairmont State University undergraduate or graduate student 
  • Must be enrolled for at least one semester of the academic year for which the scholarship will be awarded. 
  • Overall GPA of 2.00 or higher (if they are a returning college student),  
  • Candidates do not have to demonstrate financial need. 
  • Child candidates do not have to be claimed as dependents on the qualifying staff member’s income tax. 
  • Fairmont State University a traditional or a non-traditional student 
  • Award recipients must agree to allow the Staff Council to publicly acknowledge their award. 

Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply at https://www.fairmontstate.edu/facstaffresources/staff-council/scholarships. Previous winners and new applicants can apply through the previously given link.