Fairmont State University Staff Council Scholarships 

Fairmont State University has been known to give out generous monetary opportunities to their students and staff members, alike. For the 2021-22 school year, Fairmont State will give out the Staff Council Scholarshipstwo scholarships to benefit employees at the University.  The scholarships consist of one for part-time employees and their families for a total of $1,000, with $500 a semester. The other scholarship will be for full-time employees and their families for $2,000, with $1,000 a semester. With a lot of help and support from many people, this specific scholarship has been continued on since 2003. 

The criteria for these scholarships include: 

• Any full-time and benefits-eligible staff member of Fairmont State University or their spouse or their child (child can be either a biological child, a stepchild, an adopted child, or a child of which the qualifying staff member is the legal guardian) 
  • Fairmont State University undergraduate or graduate student 
  • Must be enrolled for at least one semester of the academic year for which the scholarship will be awarded. 
  • Overall GPA of 2.00 or higher (if they are a returning college student),  
  • Candidates do not have to demonstrate financial need. 
  • Child candidates do not have to be claimed as dependents on the qualifying staff member’s income tax. 
  • Fairmont State University a traditional or a non-traditional student 
  • Award recipients must agree to allow the Staff Council to publicly acknowledge their award. 

Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply at https://www.fairmontstate.edu/facstaffresources/staff-council/scholarships. Previous winners and new applicants can apply through the previously given link.