New and Improved LEAD Center 

The newly named, Learning Enrichment and Academic Development (LEAD) Center is offering new services and programs to Fairmont State University students. Brittany CuchtaLEAD Center coordinator, stated “We want to create a collaborative learning environment where students know that they are setting themselves up in an environment that is conducive to holding them accountable.” 

A few of these new additions are the workshops and skills labs that are being offered to students. The workshops feature useful tools for students such as, “Active Listening and Note-Taking” and “Graphic Planning”, which already took place at the LEAD Center. The “Time Management” workshop will be on April 8th, and the “Stress Management” workshop will be on April 15th. The plan is to continue to do these workshops into future semesters and maybe add some more along the way. The LEAD Center is also offering skills labs for algebra classes on select Friday afternoons. 

The LEAD Center will also be partnering up with Career Services for four sessions to give students more information about everything career-related. The four sessions will be housed at the LEAD Center, both in-person and virtually, every Thursday at 12:30 p.m. in March. Topics will include:  

Week 1 – An Encova Career Development Center Overview of Services 
Week 2 – A Workshop on Resumes, Cover Letters, and Reference Lists” 
Week 3 – “A Discussion on Internship Opportunities and Applying for Graduate School” 
Week 4 – “A Presentation on General Career-Related” 

Due to the increased volume of students using the LEAD Center’s tutoring services, scheduling an appointment is highly encouraged. On Mondays through Thursdays, hours are 10:00 a.m.  6:00 p.m., and on Fridays, hours are 10:00 a.m.  2:00 p.m. Weekend and evening hours are available virtually, by appointment only. To book a time slot, visit, bit.ly/LEADcenter 

Tutors are being hired for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications are currently open and are due on April 1, 2021. Students will need to provide a resume, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation from a currently employed faculty member. For more information, students should visit, bit.ly/LEADjoin 

For further information about the LEAD Center and all its’ services, email [email protected] or go to https://www.fairmontstate.edu/academics/lead-center

LEAD Center