SGA and COVID

This school year will bring on many challenges.  The Student Government Association (SGA) at Fairmont State University plans to link the students to the administration, staff, and many other organizations on campus during this difficult time.  They will support the ideas of their fellow students and make the best of the year, said SGA President, Frankie Delapas.   

The main goal of the Student Government at Fairmont State University is to make the voices of the students heard.  Vice President, Rebecca Luketic, remarked, We are more than open to ideas, and we really care about this school and the students here!”  Those who are members of SGA this year will have the chance to meet in person at Hardway Hall, but they are asking interested members of the public to join the meetings virtually on Webex.  The meetings will be held every Thursday at 12:30 p.m.  Additional information about the meetings will be available soon through the SGA’s social media accounts.   

The requirements to join the organization as a member are being a full-time student in good standing and to maintain a 2.75 GPA.  After being a member for one year, studentmay become an Executive officer of SGA.  Yearly elections are normally held in the spring, but because of the pandemic, 2020-2021 elections were held this past August.  SGA encourages everyone to participate.  Rebecca Luketic gave some great benefits to joining, One of the best decisions I made was to join Student Government.  Ive made so many great connections with people, that will lead me to a very successful future.  I dont feel like Im just a number on campus, I have a voice to use for change. 

2020-21 Fairmont State University Student Government Association Members: 

President 

Frankie Delapas 

Vice President 

Rebecca Luketic 

Treasurer 

Taylor Griffith 

Secretary 

Annalisa Hall 

Faculty Senate Representative 

Victoria Nichols 

Board of Governors Representative 

Maiya Bennett 

Freshman Senators 

Drake Loss 

Faye Carroll 

Sophomore Senators 

Clay Burrows 

Mackenzie Sorton 

Junior Senators 

Drew Hawthorne 

Laura Burns 

Senior Senators 

Camron Allen 

Jonathan Kostyshak 

House of Representatives 

Avary King 

Eliza Wilson 

Ely Osborne

Logan Smith  

Michael Rotenberry 

Ralph Ramos  

Serenity Parsell