The SGA establishes a new Agenda

The Student Government Association (SGA) kicked off the semester with their first weekly meeting on September 5. During the meeting, they set an agenda for the 2019-2020 academic year. With SGA President Tyler Keller calling roll and the other members of SGA presenting their reports for this year’s agenda, the meeting had a productive start at 12:26 p.m. President Keller then assigned positions to members of the SGA committee and stated their responsibilities.

Members of the SGA are often diverse in age and grade level. Seniors pass their knowledge and experience to freshmen, who in turn, run for positions that will give them grounds to contribute more at the meetings. Given that this was the first meeting of the semester, committee positions and scheduling dates for Maroon Madness T-shirts sales were the priority.

After the meeting, an interview was conducted with President Keller revealing his goals and initiatives for this academic year. President Keller stated, “The SGA is working on Maroon Madness and we are looking at having a bigger presence in the community. We want people to see Fairmont State T-shirts around the community and know we devote our time to our community.”

President Keller commented on the growth and success of the SGA stating, “During the four years I have been here, I see more and more students in this assembly. They are quality members that are willing to take initiative and charge.” President Keller has hope for the new academic year and he is confident in the numbers of his fellow members.

After initiatives were put into motion and the 2019-2020 academic year took a step toward success, the meeting was adjourned at 1:12 p.m.