Senior Campaign Brings Beauty To Our Bell

Each year Fairmont State seniors design a campaign to commemorate building a Falcon Family. This year, their goal was to raise funds for the beautification of the bell.

Anna Cronin

View the 2019 Senior Campaign Here!

How Is The Bell Going To Improve?
The design of this campaign plan includes a brick patio surrounding the bell, as well as four benches. To raise funds, they ask that students consider donating money by purchasing an engraved brick for the patio portion of the project. All excess proceeds are to be put toward scholarships. In doing this, the seniors can leave their mark and give back to the very campus that fostered their forever Falcon Family.

What Will This Campaign Offer Our Falcon Family?
This design is meant to support social gatherings. As President Martin describes it, the bell is a place to congregate. President Martin views the bell as a piece of serenity, saying, “it’s a piece that invites people to come, to sit and to have conversations.” Indeed, the patio and benches will likely act as an implicit invitation to halt the busy bustle of academia and encourage us to converse with our fellow Falcons.

Raychel Fitzwater, head of the campaign committee, spoke about beautifying the bell at the Senior Campaign kickoff. “The Victory Bell’s 80th anniversary on our campus is this year, and doing something to memorialize the bell and make it a focal point on campus was important to us. The Senior Campaign is a way for us as students to leave our lasting mark on campus. What better way to do it than by helping commemorate the bell?”

Raychel Fitzwater concludes “In general, I think I speak for all of Student Government when I say that this isn’t our campaign, but Fairmont State students’ campaign.”