Fairmont State University Vaccinates Students 

Fairmont State University students had the opportunity to be vaccinated on Thursday, April 1st, 2021 in the Falcon Center gym. The clinic ran from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. The Pfizer vaccines were open to any and all Fairmont State students, while supplies lasted. The University received the vaccines from the West Virginia National Guard and the Higher Education Policy Commission. There were 600 doses available, and around 400 students took part in the clinic. The second dosage clinic was scheduled and administered on Thursday, April 22nd, 2021. Appointments for the second dosage clinic were scheduled after the student had their first dose of the vaccine.  

There is not any word on another vaccine clinic being held at Fairmont State, but there are plenty of other locations where students can be vaccinated, such as, local health departments and commercial drug stores.  So far, there isn’t a mandate that Fairmont State students will have to have a vaccine, but it is being highly encouraged by professional healthcare providers and by the university. 

After recollection of the event, Chelsea Collins, Fairmont State University Director of Student Health, would like to thank Fairmont State employees: Natasha Wamsley, Dr. Denice Kirchoff, Brenda Cain, Laurel Loughery, Joy Hatch, Elizabeth McCutcheon, Chief Swain, Kacey Holiday, Dr. Laura Clayton, and Bob Cable for all of their hard work.  

Chelsea Collins, APRN-FNP-C and FSU Director of Student Health, stated, “Our main focus in Student Health is to keep our Falcon family healthy, attending classes in person and feeling safe. Hopefully, these vaccines will contribute to that effort”.