Fairmont State’s Version of a GSA: Falcons with Pride  

Falcons with Pride (or Falcons w/ Pride) is a semi-new Fairmont State student organization. While most schools have a GSA or Gay-Straight Alliance to support equality, Fairmont has Falcons w/ Pride.  

Anyone is welcome to join Falcons w/ Pride, but the organization is typically geared towards members of the LGBTQ+ community and the community allies. That said whether you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community, an ally, or simply someone who wishes to learn more, you are welcome.  

Falcons w/ Pride is dedicated to building and supporting a safe place that brings awareness to the members and allies of the LGBTQ+ community. They want the members of the community as well as their allies to feel safe and supported on campus.  

The current co-advisors for Falcons w/ Pride are Professor Nina Slota and Professor Amanda Sanchez. Sanchez is new to the organization this semester. Zettie Bowling is the current Director while Shay Hess is the Assistant Director.  

Falcons w/ Pride meets from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm every other Thursday. In the past meetings were held on Tuesdays, but the new meeting day works better with the majority of the members’ schedules. Normally, Falcons w/ Pride would meet on campus in a classroom in the Turley building. But due to Covid-19 circumstances and limitations, the biweekly meetings have been moved to Microsoft Teams. During the semester, any movie nights will be held on Zoom.  

If you are interested in joining Falcons w/ Pride, getting involved in the organization, or simply want more information you can contact them through any of their social media pages, by emailing [email protected], or by calling 304-602-4131.  

Instagram@falconswithpride 

Facebook: Falcons W Pride 

Twitter: @PrideFalcons