Career Fair Fosters Opportunities

Fairmont State University’s 2019 Career Fair was held on March 21st. Students, alumni and community members gathered in the Falcon Center to discuss career, internship and master’s program opportunities. With this, students were exposed to the different ways in which they can apply the specific knowledge associated with their degree.

Career Fair Flyers
Anna Cronin

The representatives were from different states, companies, corporations, businesses or organizations, but all seemed eager to introduce themselves and answer questions. Each company, business or organization provided fliers and/or pamphlets of information about their employment opportunities. Many displayed application information, reviewed resumes, and handed out candy or pens.

Although this event was geared more toward juniors and seniors, underclassmen were also encouraged to explore the displays and speak to representatives. The goal of this fair was not only to provide opportunities, but to educate students about the various jobs pertaining to their major field of study.

Career Fair Flyers
Anna Cronin

Communications major Larissa Edelman stated, “I’ve always been interested in going into the policy academy.” Luckily for Edelman, the Charleston Police Department had a table display of information and representatives ready to aid in any way students needed. At this career fair, some students found more opportunities than they expected. In fact, aviation management major Hunter Moreland was surprised by the information he received about drone pilots and said, “Now have to look into that as a consideration.”